Monday, October 1, 2012

Two weeks of TED

One of my two-week challenges for the end of September was to watch one TED talk each day. Often I couldn't stop myself at just one. Here's a list of the talks I watched with hyperlinks to each, in case you're interested in watching. They're in no particular order, but I've put an asterisk beside those I enjoyed the most.

 Please keep in mind that I don't necessarily subscribe to the all of views and opinions expressed in these talks, but I do enjoy hearing, considering, weighing and discussing them.

Brené Brown: The power of vulnerability*
Candy Chang: Before I die I want to…
Jill Bolte Taylor's stroke of insight*
Jon Ronson: Strange answers to the psychopath test*
Philip Zimbardo: The psychology of time
Laura Trice suggests we all say thank you
Diana Laufenberg: How to learn? From mistakes
Dan Pink: The puzzle of motivation
Mary Roach: 10 things you didn't know about orgasm
Alain de Botton: A kinder, gentler philosophy of success
Dan Gilbert: The surprising science of happiness*
Helen Fisher: The brain in love
Helen Fisher: Why we love, why we cheat
Amy Purdy: Living beyond limits*
Hannah Fry: Is life really that complex?
Richard Dawkins: Militant Atheism
Michael Shermer: Why people believe weird things
Pamela Meyer: How to spot a liar*
Juan Enriquez:The next species of human
Dan Ariely: Are we in control of our own decisions?


I'd love to hear your comments on any of these talks!

No comments: