Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Exhaustion Test

Ok, I jumped the gun in my last post. I didn't realize that moving on to Week 3 of the push ups challenge depends on your performance in the exhaustion test. :/

The exhaustion test, which is exactly what it sounds like (do as many good-form push ups as you can before you collapse), happens at the end of every second week. Your results determine which column of the program you'll follow for the upcoming week. Apparently I need to pay closer attention to the instructions.

I usually do my push ups in the morning, along with a small circuit workout before getting ready for work. That rush of endorphins really helps to get my day off to a great start. And this morning, I was so stoked to see just how much I could push myself. But I think I psyched myself out. Something just wasn't right. I got performance anxiety.

The threshold for moving up to Week 3 is at least 16 push ups. I didn't make it. No, I'm not going to tell you how many I actually did do. I was so incredibly disappointed!

However, during my cold shower afterward, I decided I would take another shot at it later. Yep, two exhaustion tests in the same day. If I did better the second time around, great. If not, oh well.

I just completed my second exhaustion test, and I did do slightly better. I still didn't make it to 16 (unless you combine both scores), so I'll have to repeat Week 2, but at least I know it should be a breeze.

There are good days and there are disappointing days, but the important thing is to stick with it.

1 comment:

Natalia said...

Great takeaway =D.